Thursday, October 16, 2008

Color Inspiration #26

I love frosted sugar cookies. They are absolutely my favorite cookies of all time.
When I saw Kristina's new challenge, the colors and cookies reminded me of Christmas.
Even though Halloween is just around the corner, it's never too early to start Christmas shopping and card making.
It's funny how the right idea can pop into your head. There's no thinking involved. You know exactly what you want to do and that's how this card came about.

Joy
I am not the glitter type of person, but I bought this Heat and Stick powder from Stampin' Up! and it's absolutely wonderful. The glitter doesn't not rub off the card. I used clear embossing powder on the 'J' to make it glossy and look more like a candy cane.

I have started some Christmas shopping. I bought Elmo Live and it's a little freaky on how 'alive' he really is.

I have a busy weekend coming up. In 11 days we are going on a cruise. Because we will be on the ship during Halloween week, we are going to dress up and just have fun. I have so much I need to get done and I'm always a last minute person. I promised myself I would get everything done early and this is the weekend to do it.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy the cool weather. It's starting to feel like fall! Whoo Hoo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have spelt joy out with embellishments! So very clever....Well done

Anonymous said...

Nice job Naomi! ~Donna

Becky said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is fabulous!

Megan said...

What an awesome Chrstmas Card! I love it!

Kadee said...

Oh Wow! I love this!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

I love your JOY Card.
btw thanks for the heads up on Elmo ... I have a feeling my 2 year old will be wanting that for his birthday, but do I? LOL.

Carol Dunstan said...

love this card, it's so fun!