I received this email from my friend Julie and thought I would post it here. Thanks Jules!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile! It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and/ortai chi. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more food that grows on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more.
18. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
19. Don't take yourself so seriously.
20. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
21. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about and should be excited to find out what yours is.
22. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
23. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: " In 5 years, will this matter? "
24. Forgive everyone for everything.
25. What other people think of you is none of your business.
26. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
27. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family & friends will.
28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
29. Envy is a waste of time — You already have all you need.
30. The best is yet to come.
31. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Call your family often.
34. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished ___________________.
35. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.