Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mini Book

I love mini books. They are quick and easy, kinda like a card. Instant gratification.
A few months ago Big Lots had a bunch of Basic Grey scrapping supplies.
I got a few of the BG 6 x 6 paper pads and I thought, "Why not make a mini book?"
I wanted to scrap my Cherry Blossom Festival pictures and the Lily Kate pad was perfect. It has an Asian feel and some of the papers had Cherry Blossoms on them. I used my Quickutz Chopsticks font for the front cover. I folded the paper in half (3 x 6) and left the top open to make a pocket and made journaling tags.

Front Cover
Today we went to the Korean market in Diamond Bar. I bought some white Donut peaches, also called Saturn peaches. Oh My Lanta! They are so super sweet! Sara took a bite and she said it was so sweet that it tasted like it was injected with sugar. Ok, maybe they weren't injected with sugar, but they are yummy. I only got 3 lbs. but I now wish I had bought more. They were only 79 cents/lb. What a bargain! I love summer fruits...

Super Sweet Donut Peaches

I'm still slowly trying to clean up my scrap room. I was able to weed out and get rid of some stuff, but unfortunately I also bought more goodies. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all cleaned up by the end of this month and post some "After" pictures.

Have a great week!
Mata ne!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your mini book is adorable! I love Basic Grey pp! I wish I'd gone to Big Lots when you scored on your loot. I see you put your Bind-it-All to use too ;) BTW, those peaches look and sound scrumptious!